A number of things are required of Secular Franciscans in relation to the Bible:
- Our guide book is the Bible - we use it!!
- Jesus and His words have special value to us. We listen to Him.
- In fraternal gatherings we share insights and reflections for implementing the Gospel in everyday life.
- When puzzled about texts, we seek competent help.
- We avoid fundamentalist attitudes that limit the power of Scripture.
- We work to deepen our understanding of Scripture.
- We avoid attitudes that use Scripture to condemn others or identify them as non-salvageable.
- The circle of our love must never become narrow. We seek to include rather than exclude people.
- We use Scripture for prayer as well as study, letting its power touch us and soak into our lives.