- live in the world
- draw strength from the Gospel of Jesus
- share in the spirit of the entire Franciscan family
- seek to give flesh to the Gospel vision
- serve others through social justice and ministries of charity and peacemaking
- commit themselves to a way of life spelled out in the SFO Rule
- develop a prayerful spirit
- attend to the demands of their inner spirit as did Francis and Clare - a spirit of reliance on the power of the Holy Spirit
- recognize the need for daily conversion
- walk through life with a Franciscan community; i.e., Fraternity
- are people of hope and joy - God is with us
- know it is impossible to fall out of God's love; i.e., our brokenness and sin can keep us from growing but we cannot stop God from loving us
- have a good sense of humor; i.e., life is not so serious that we lose our sense of joy.
- see work as partnership with God's creative power, active in our world
This is list is not exhaustive, but it gives flavor of our Franciscan way of life.